Forum

Burt Bacharach

Robert,What was it like when you first met Burt Bacharach? Did he recognize your music and was he someone you would have liked to have worked with?Thanks!Robin

You need to be a member of Robert Lamm: Official Fan Forum to add comments!

Join Robert Lamm: Official Fan Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I met Hal David when he was receiving a life time achievement award at a small performing arts college.  Only forty of us in the audience.  I was shocked, but pleased with the intimacy. He invited us to stay, talk, have coffee afterwards. Hal David was class, interesting, no arrogance, a true gentleman.  GENUINE.  I think that's why he wrote so well and I will always remember him.

• Hi Gemma!
      That's a really nice story! How fun that must have been. I didn't know of Hal David until RL mentioned him but what a great lyricist! Thank you for sharing your story!
      Robin
  • I met Burt, only briefly, thanked him for the songwriting lessons his work continues to provide me. He was very humble, kind of "aw, shucks" and laughed. Years later I was at a baseball game, seated behind Hal David, but an acquaintance seated next to me

said something ignorant to him, so while I cringed, I saw my chance to introduce myself to one of the greatest lyricists evaporate. As much as I love Bacharach's composing, those songs would be vastly diminished without Hal David's heart, wisdom, and truth.

• Robert,
      Thank you for taking the time to respond. That Burt Bacharack moment must have been something. I didn't know about Hal David but that's quite an amazing story that you were sitting behind him at a baseball game and had the oppprtunity to talk to him. That's a memory! Thanks for sharing your stories!
      Robin

I found this tribute to both of them! Enjoy!
      https://youtu.be/T-r20ZDo0SY
    • Wow, Robin. Thanks for that recommendation.
      I streamed it to my TV to fully enjoy. Can't believe how young Bacharach & Dionne still look, even 3 yrs ago.
      Another gem suggestion for us to enjoy.
      Thx.
    • Hi Tina!
      Youre welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    • Yipes. I think we all can relate to having somebody do something like that to us, or doing it ourselves. You're right about that, it has to do with the lyrics.
  • It's fun when he does. One day I'll put my video here of meeting Robert & Lee. I don't know how to transfer iPod to iPad. Maybe YouTube? I keep stalling.
  • Does he pop in any more to respond?
    I'd love to see them again this year, but don't know yet if I can. Didn't stick around too long at the last one.
    How about you? Any Chicago concert plans?
    • Hi Tina!
      I'm not sure if he has the time. I just ask whatever comes to mind that I would like to know more about . My schedule is crazy busy. I hope I can.
This reply was deleted.