Forum

Replies

• Hi Andy!
      I will definitely have to check out some of your selections! You also have a wide variety in your taste of music!
    • Three cheers for Andy for listening to XXXVI. :)  Did you see the Varese video from '07? I figured you'd like it. 

• Hi Stephanie, yes I saw the Hit By Varese video thanks one of their best songs which clearly laid our RL's vision for the band that was all but gone post Terry's death. Great lyrics and horns plus TK's guiter on V. It starts V off on a strong note and finishes with another underrated gem 'Goodbye' - although I'm not a fan of While The City & Dialogue'

• Hi Andy!
      Did you ever see Robert sing A Hit By Varese?
  • This is what I'm listening to.

Robert Lamm Beginnings
    Robert Lamm Somewhere Girl
    Anderson Paak Am I Wrong
    Pharrell Williams Happy
    DNCE Cake By The Ocean (Clean Version)
    Labi Siffre Watch Me
    Brenton Wood Baby You Got It
    James Morrison You Give me Something
    Chantel Kreviazuk In This Life
    Bruno Mars Treasure
  • In no order:

1. Clifford Brown and Max Roach: Daahoud (They made some of the first hard bop records in the 50s.)

2. Yusef Lateef: The Golden Flute (A very special person and woodwinds master who lived into his 90s but died in relative obscurity despite the volumes of wonderful music he left behind.)

3. Stephane Grappelli with Oscar Peterson and Joe Pass: Nuages (Yesterday would have been Stephane's 99th birthday, and his jazz violin playing was his heart singing.)

4.  Michael Kiwanuka: Cold Little Heart (His second album, Love and Hate, released last year had a certain amount of cynicism to it, that we didn't hear as much in his first. It's a beautiful record.)

5. Dave Brubeck Quartet: Balcony Rock (Even before the Time Out album, Brubeck and Desmond were really popular on college campuses and recorded some live albums that are fantastic. I found a couple in perfect shape for $1.00 digging around at used record stores.) 

6. James Taylor: Copperline (I was glad he was honored by the Kennedy Center, and this is my favorite JT song!)

7. Marvin Gaye: What's Goin On (I share Robert's love for this whole album. There are some stories on the wonderful Soundbreaking series, and this record shows just how an artist who started off recording singles used the album format. Gordy didn't support this record because it didn't fit his formula.)

8. Chicago: Introduction (I'll be really psyched if this is still in the setlist this year.. Robert's vocal.. Lee's solo.. Terry's song... It's all perfect and will always be a favorite of mine.)

9. Leon Bridges: Coming Home (He's a young soul singer who put this record out in 2015. If you like Motown, you'll love it. I look forward to hearing more from him and hope he has a long career!)

10. Brian Wilson and Al Jardine: Whatever Happened (From No Pier Pressure. Alan has a great voice, clear like a trumpet, and it is very sweet and nostalgic to hear him again). 

• Hi Stephanie!
      I will have to look up some of those songs! You have a wide range of taste in music. Have you ever seen Robert sing Introduction? He does an amazing job! Thanks for your reply!
    • Robin, I've just seen the new rendition of Introduction on You Tube, but I hope I get to hear it in person soon! :) 

• Hi Stephanie!
      That would be so exciting!
    • Any idea what side of the stage RL is on this tour ?? He's been on the right side the last few yrs

Looking to score some seats for Bethel in July
This reply was deleted.